click on photos for slideshow
HOW TO RECLAIM RED CLAY
As you may well know, Carhartt women are known for being innovative. So when it comes to craftiness, don’t be wasteful and think green. For those pottery lovers who want to be resourceful and re-use scrap clay, take a look at this tutorial Victoria from Pewabic Pottery is demonstrating above.
How to Reclaim Clay: (in other words, how to recycle dry clay bits back into a workable material)
1. Soak dry bits, chunks, failed projects of clay in water.
2. Soak for a few hours or days, depending on dryness of clay. Stir mixture with your hand.
3. Scoop out rehydrated clay onto plaster block.
4. Make sure clay is even thickness on the plaster block to allow for even water absorbtion.
5. Once clay is no longer tacky scrape it off the plaster block into a medium size pile.
6. Wedge it. Rock clay back and forth in kneading motion until air bubbles are compressed and clay feels pliable.
- themaefive likes this
- martart likes this
- kmonroe likes this
- rusted-bones likes this
- dollo likes this
- katiemeili likes this
- mariahblowsthestarsaround likes this
- saintgeeky likes this
- mmmeggsbenedict likes this
- republicofbees likes this
- revshh likes this
- somebeautifuldirt reblogged this from stormphyre and added:
- elizabethcalma likes this
- paperkiwi likes this
- minunoranssi likes this
- ex83 likes this
- atcfun likes this
- atcfun reblogged this from stormphyre
- s4r4hn03l likes this
- stormphyre reblogged this from notlily2 and added:
- ninord reblogged this from craftedincarhartt
- notlily2 reblogged this from craftedincarhartt
- notlily2 likes this
- allthatcomestome likes this
- the-pasttense likes this
- the-pocahaunted reblogged this from craftedincarhartt
- kimberlyaurora likes this
- rebelxxwaltz reblogged this from craftedincarhartt
- getlowstas likes this
- craftedincarhartt posted this